Monday, May 3, 2010

Such Pure Truth

Brody LOVES to swing outside on the swingset. He is such a happy boy. He is really crawling now, rather than just army crawling. It's so great to see him mobile.

Judah and Jake fishing. Judah loves to go fishing with Daddy.

I had the most interesting conversation with Judah this morning. We were playing outside (as we do almost all day, every day anymore), and we started talking about people being mean. I told Judah that it isn't good to be a mean person.
Judah asked, "Why?" This is a normal response to most everything we say to him.
I wanted to be clear this time that I knew what he was asking. I said, "Why are people mean?"
Judah replied, "Yeah."
I said, "Because they need to know Jesus."
Judah said, "I know Jesus."
I said with a smile, "You do!?"
Judah replied, "Yes, I know Jesus. He helps people."
I said, "Really?"
Judah responded, "Yes!" Then he paused and added, "Batman, too. He helps people. Jesus helps people, too. I like 'em."
Judah went on to say several more times that he knows Jesus. It made my heart swell that he is learning who Jesus is and feels that he knows Him! I owe a big thank-you to his extremely patient Sunday School teacher, Roberta, who does such a great job teaching all of the kids about Jesus and how we should all be kind. I'm glad, too, that he is learning about Jesus from Jake and I at home.
I'm looking forward to a very joyful and blessed week. Are you?