Friday, May 7, 2010

God is ALWAYS here


The things Judah says on a daily basis never cease to amaze me. He is so cute and funny with his wonderful imagination.

I was working on mixing paint in the garage while Brody was napping, and Judah was with me, just playing with the jogging stroller (the old one) while I was busy working with the paint. I was talking with Judah while I worked, as I always try to do just to keep communicating with him even though I'm busy with something.

So, Judah latched the seatbelt part of the stroller and started saying he had a baby in the stroller. He was talking to the baby in a high-pitched (moreso than he usual high pitch - ha) voice, "Hi, Baby. Want to walk, Baby? Okay!" It was adorable.

He kept showing this "baby" things in the garage. Judah saw the paint tray from Jake painting the house, and he said, "Daddy's paint!" Then he worked SO HARD to turn the stroller around so "the baby" could see Daddy's paint. I asked him about his baby a few times, and he would answer and then keep talking to the baby. Finally, I said, "Judah, what's the baby's name?" He quickly answered, "God." I was dumb-stricken. God was sitting in that stroller! Judah kept going on with his game, completely unaware of the power of his words and his imagination.

I kept working, well aware that God was sitting in the stroller, watching everything going on. A few minutes later, Judah almost knocked some paint over. I started to get upset, then I remembered -- God was sitting in the stroller. How should I react? What should I say? I directed Judah and his stroller in a different direction and explained that he almost knocked the paint over and needed to watch where he was going. "Okay, Mommy," he said and went on with his game.

This very small part of the day stuck with me, though. I should ALWAYS act as if God was sitting in the room, watching everything I'm saying and doing. My little 2 year old convicted me in a big way today, and it is an experience that will stick with me for a long time.

1 comment:

Brenda Deeter said...

Love it!! I totally understand about being convicted from your kids.

Mom