Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another bout with the flu


This week has been a challenging one to say the least. I was frustrated early on, feeling like I was never going to get rid of my "cold." I have chalked it up to just being part of my pregnancy. *sigh* Ah, the joy...

Over the weekend, Judah started to act like he didn't feel good. He wouldn't eat (our first clue). He slept horribly! He just didn't act like himself at all. Sunday, he had the worst diapers EVER. It was not fun for ANY of us! Monday we had a doctor's appointment (merely a follow-up), and we talked about the possiblities of what all of those symptoms could be. I suggested that it could simply be his teeth that are coming in. Four molars along with others...that's gotta hurt! He hasn't wanted to eat anything he'd have to "chew." Our doctor thought that was a real possibility.
After looking in his ears, she determined that he had fluid in one ear and the other was red. So, she referred us to an Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT) doctor. That appointment is scheduled for today. We are hoping they just say it's his teeth and will go away with time or the help of antibiotic.

Monday morning, Jake went to the doctor to have his throat dilated again. He'd been having quite a bit of trouble with swallowing food again, so they decided dilation was the best thing to do for him. They also put him on a new medicine to hopefully help and not have to dilate so often. So, Jake spent Monday (literally all day) sleeping, and he slept all night as well! Talk about vacation from the world! He is doing well now!

Monday night, I started to feel terrible. I hadn't been hungry all day but tried to eat some bread for dinner. Later, I was throwing up that bread, wishing I had listened to my body and NOT eaten it! It was a very rough night for me, especially with Judah not sleeping well either.

Luckily, Jake's mom, Jan, had Tuesday off work, so she took Judah for me so I could really rest. I was so miserable all day. After eating some chicken & noodle soup, I slept for 2 1/2 hours, so obviously I needed that! By bedtime last night I was feeling a lot better. Today, I feel even better and feel like I can eat without worry (as much).

Thank you all for your prayers this week. They have been much appreciated!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Not a fun week at all for you guys! We've been praying for health for all 4 of you! What was the verdict with the ENT? (Can't believe how big Judah's getting too - he's looking more "little boy" than baby!)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're better.

Grandpa D