Friday, January 15, 2010

Full-Blast Winter

Winter has arrived without question. The news a couple of weeks ago said that this past December 2009, Northeast Kansas got more snow than ever recorded. It's no wonder people are getting tired of the snow.

Still, even though people are tired of the snow, I wish they would relax a little and try to see the beauty in God's creation -- even in the winter. The snow falling from the sky in its soft, delicate, quiet way is beautiful. And, just as we stop to admire a rainbow or beautiful sunset, the snow in all its beauty deserves to be admired as well.
Someone told me that it is beautiful, but they had more of a right to be upset by it because I didn't have to get up in the wee hours and drive anywhere. While she was correct, I do have to get out in the weather (with 2 kiddos in tow!) for different reasons. Also, along with all of my other mommy-friends, I have to keep my kids INSIDE, entertained, and happy. That isn't always easy to do all winter long. There are days that I long to go for a walk in the sunshine, but that will have to wait until spring.
For now, I'm off to read a pile of books to the boys. Maybe later we'll do some more fingerpainting and watch Curious George.
May you find yourself in awe of God's beauty in the winter and snow this week.

2 comments:

Eric Deeter said...

Great pics. I agree that the people who complain about the weather are missing out. Why worry about something you can't change? There is a saying that the only thing we have control over is how we respond to situations we encounter. I appreciate that you are able to see the beauty in the winter. Don't let the negative people drag you into having a complaining spirit.

Angie said...

Awesome pictures!!