Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snow Day


We got a lot of snow last night and this morning. Originally, we were forcasted to only get a couple of inches. We ended up with more than 5 inches. Jake estimated that we got about 8 inches, and we did get 8.25 inches. But the cool part is the drifting. I got a couple of great pictures of the drifted snow on our deck and Roscoe out in a shallow part of the snow outside.
.
.
.
.
Roscoe has really enjoyed running around in the snow outside! It's funny to watch him, because you can tell it is hard to run in the deep snow. He looks like he's running in a sand pit!
Roscoe just begs to go outside, so I open the door to let him go out. Then, he just kind of stands at the door and looks out reluctantly. First thing this morning, I actually had to shove him out the door. Now, he begs to go outside just so he can run through the snow.

Judah has been talking and laughing like crazy. He and Jake have little father-son conversations, which are so cute! Jake and Judah make bets on different sports games, but as Jake says, "Judah never puts any money on his bets." Apparently, Judah originally bet that the Giants would win the Super Bowl, but according to Jake, Judah changed sides at the last minute and cheered for the Patriots. I guess he should have stuck with his original team!

I did get a little video of Jake and Judah talking. I'm not sure why, but everytime I get the camera out, Judah just stops talking!! Even if he can't see the camera, he gets really quiet when I turn it on! So, I'm sorry that I haven't had any more video, but it hasn't been for lack of trying!

I hope everyone is staying warm and safe during all of this weather we've been having. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who was hit by the recent tornadoes in the south. We also had a family here in our town lose everything due to a house fire. It is a terrible time to be without a home and belongings. I am so very thankful for what I do have.

2 comments:

Florence and Gary Deeter said...

Dana,

What great pictures. I enjoyed your description of Jake and Judah talking.

Love, Gpa D

Elan said...

Ahh, that is too cute!